Watching “An Idiot Abroad” he’s in Japan, he’s checking out all the random rubbish created in Japan, things that weirdly enhance your life. And yes, he did the classic Japan beginners bidet trick. Oh, what a funny web you weave.
He went to a builder’s site though, and joined in the morning stretches (and the 80-year-old blokes were more flexible than him), it got me to thinking that the world would be a better place if we simply stretched more. How good would you feel if you got in to work, and they played some relaxing music and you stretched for 10-15 mins?
Now he’s eating fermented fish sushi.
What is much more delicious, and easy to make from home is:
- 1 cup pasta flour
- 2/3 cup dashi or water
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup tenkasu (you should get at the supermarket – fried tempura batter flakes)
- 6 strips of prosciutto
- vegetable oil
- Mix together flour and water/dashi. Refrigerate an hour.
- Divide mix into two, add half of your cabbage, onion, and whatever else is going in your pancake, gently mix
- Heat a barbeque or large fry pan, add mix, flatten to about 2cm high, arrange bacon on top, cook for 3 mins, flip, cook another 4-5.
- Flip it back to the top to finish off cooking, your bacon should have crisped up nicely, it’ll need about 3 mins to cook through.
- Smother with okonomiyaki sauce and kewpie mayo. Sprinkle Nori on top.